Sunday, July 15, 2012

Coroico

A night in Coroico after the Death Road cycle saw us knocking back some cocktails, tapas style. I got drunk.

This town nestled into the Andes felt amazingly cut off but in spite of that there were one or two hostels for backpackers and even a bakery run by a german woman. Crazy to think that in such a small and seemingly remote town there were foreign run businesses. I often think to myself I would have been fun to be one of those first explorers rather than just the droves that visit these places nowadays.

The following day we went to see the waterfalls just outside the town centre. It was a marked difference to the adrenaline rush of the mountain ride the day before. We actually had time to look at our surroundings, the mist, the mountains, butterflies, birds.

It was a pretty relaxed day, my favourite part, I think, was the return journey to La Paz, the mountain scenery was really beautiful. The clouds so low against the peaks and endless change of shapes and forms evolving as we took each new turn of the winding road.

Some pictures from the Coroico walk:








No comments:

Post a Comment