Friday, April 6, 2012

China Town

I took the metro to the China town area of Sao Paulo with a Swiss girl from the hostel, it's in an area called Liberdade. The shops were surprisingly good, one had particularly nice ceramics, home and kitchen items. I wanted to buy some stuff but I currently don't have a home and I carry around my worldly possessions around with me on my back, as beautiful as they were, I don't think I need a set of soup bowls, teapot and cups, no matter how nice the glaze or print. It did make me want to get back to London and find a nice flat and start filling it with beautiful objects. Rediscover some form of domesticity, my own space. One day, one day.


We tried to get into a museum about Asian immigration to Brazil but it wasn't open so we just had a walk around the area. Sao Paulo is a city of skyscrapers and hills! I have no idea why they decided to build such and urban giant on a site that has so many slopes, I felt like I was constantly climbing up and down mini summits on every street.



Asian street lamps


View from a bridge in Chinatown



St Paul's




The square in front of the cathedral had some cool sculptures



No comments:

Post a Comment