Friday, June 15, 2012

Flamingos


I can't say much about the Salt Flat tour, I thought it was pretty boring. I sat in a jeep freezing cold for three days and took some pictures of flamingos. I love flamingos


The only highlights was the stary stary sky where we stopped on the second night which this was somewhat overshadowed by the freezing temperatures and the fact that I couldn't even get warm enough to sleep under three blankets. The stars though were the best I've ever seen. No light pollution given that we were in the middle of nowhere. Amazing. I tried to take a picture but neither me nor my camera seemed to be capable of capturing it. Guess you'd better go and see for yourselves! Not - just go somewhere mountainous but more human friendly. We're seriously not supposed to exist at 4000m altitude, leave it up to the flamingos and pumas they seem happy up there. 





The train cemetery


A very large salt lake, the most impressive thing about it was the hexagon shapes that formed on the surface and the fact that it was blindingly bright if you weren't wearing sunglasses


Yeah, representing ALL nations, kind of...




Llamas with earrings, this was a highlight of the trip, seriously


It clouded over, so so bleak, so so cold. Never again, get me back to sea level




An offering to Pachamama, you would have to believe in mother nature up here, otherwise you'd just give up




Some dramatic landscapes, yes



Reflections, I had a lot of time to reflect. Saw a lot of lakes, a lot of mountains reflected in lakes


FLAMINGOS!!!



Baby flamingo


Flying flamingos








I spent a lot of time looking at these flags and out of the windows of the jeep.


Doing this confirmed to me that gringo tours just aren't what I'm after from South America but I fear it could be hard to escape.


I'll be happy to also get down to a more agreeable altitude, defrost.



No comments:

Post a Comment