Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Musings

I feel like all the best things I see on my travels, all of my finest musings happen when I don't have either when I don't have my camera or my laptop or some paper. Back in the city groove, I went for a dusk, night run one evening. I love running at dusk, the light is so beautiful, you get to be out in the fresh, cool air as the blue deepens and deepens until it loses all its glow and all of a sudden it's dark. I felt like I flew through the streets giving on to the steep coast. High rise, premium sea front apartments, a grassy park with dog walkers, sauntering lovers, skateboarders, other joggers. As I ran I was picking my way through, flowing my nose - always the best way, until you get hopelessly lost which can often happen when your inner compass is quite as out of whack as mine. I went past all sorts of cool stuff little bars, a bodega with very cool, old typography and some quite strange artefacts inside other than just bottles of booze. A very nice looking restaurant that would be a great place for a romantic meal, I can but dream...

Lima has loads of cool stuff for people who are happy to saunter and take it in, for the more adventurous, I'm sure that the other barrios have a lot to offer for those keen to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment